Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

New to PPD

New to PPD

Postby KarenM » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:42 am

Hi. I'm engaged to be married to someone that may have PPD. He has auditory delusions. This is my first exposure to this disorder. I'm afraid. He believes I've cheated on him and is lying to him and I cannot convinced him otherwise. Am I going to have to live with this forever? He doesn't believe he has a problem. He attributes his troubles to the harassment that he endures through the phone, TV, radio etc. from estranged family members. He believes that I'm involved in this. What is the outlook for a normal life?
KarenM

Postby bluedog » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 pm

I was married for 17 years to a person with ppd. It was hell,and got worse and worse, constant accusations,checking on me constantly,monitoring my phone calls and web use. configuring the router so any websites could be blocked [and they had the password] Violent rages if I defended myself.
then lying about work relationships,instead of people liking her as she said
they actually disliked her. She left me some time ago claiming I was a violent husband and now says terrible things to people like I was going to cut the dogs throat. I am hurt, and empty,I tried my best but nothing was good enough. Her suspicions include her family they are all out to harm her in some way. She configured her fathers computer so she can monitor all his emails on her computer,because her family is conspiring against her.
Nothing worked,she got worse and worse.
At least now I can pick up the pieces of my life and try to get on with things
Good luck,life won't be normal foryou,and these people dont accept treatment. They must control you.
bluedog

Return to Mental Disorders Forum