Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Dissociative Fugue

Dissociative Fugue

Postby denismrs » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:23 am

I have been having spells of what I call "blackouts" where I loose periods of time and cannot remember what I have done. I end up in places I wouldn't go on a regular basis. This is a frightning experence and I find myself confussed and strugle with what I have done for hours the longest period of time loss has been about 36 hours. I have a therpist and shrink that are aware of this but I feel they do not take this as seriously as I do and am not sure what to do. I am told that I catastrify or get ramped up about it but which makes the problem even harder to live with. I do not know where to turn and fear longer periods of lost time where I have no memory. I find myself praying for hope but feel hopeless.
denismrs

there is hope

Postby MissyMo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 am

I'm sorry you aren't finding the help you need. It takes the right therapist to find out the cause of your fugues. Depending on what your insurance dictates, you might call therapists, asking if they have or do treat people with severe fugues.

There can be many reasons for blackouts but I'd say that most people don't find themselves in strange places. I've been through the same thing and with a great therapist (helper), not only the blackouts but the causes as well are gone.

You aren't alone! You can write to my anytime!

MissyMo
MissyMo

Return to Mental Disorders Forum