Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

OCPD & chronic fatigue

OCPD & chronic fatigue

Postby Clarence » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:26 am

I think I have OCPD as I've read the criteria from the DSM-IV-TR and also the symptoms and most of them fit me. I spent hours on something that would take less than an hour and concentrate on the very very minute details, often rereading a question hundreds of time. For example, on one project, the teacher told us (I'm 17) to only do a [b]couple of pages [/b]for a report and I ended up doing 65 pages. Also, I found myself working in front of the computer for 36 hrs straight for a database (this is an IT subject) that should have taken a maximum of 6 hours. I've recently stayed up until the early hours of the morning, once till 5am just to finish a piece work with a lot of detail. Recently, I've fallen ill with chronic fatigue (can't even get up out of bed for more than an hour). This really causes me to be really anxious about my subjects. Does anyone know how I can cope with this as my expectations now are even higher, as I expect myself to get 100% in everything and yet lack the correct amount of memory and concentration to study. It is a real dillema as I tried forcing myself once to get up and do work, but ended up lying in bed the whole of the next day. Any advice? I also have Asperger''s Syndrome, which further makes my writing essays and reports harder, of which they exacerbate my anxiety and sense of perfectionism as I have to keep reading through them and correcting. I also can never finish a project in time, due to my fatigue often asking for extensions from teachers, which is starting to tick them off as they think that I can control my excessive attention to detail. Any advice please as I find that no psychologist or doctor can help me at the moment. I'm also very behind for all my subjects as well, which further heightens the anxiety.
Clarence

Return to Mental Disorders Forum