Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Hallucinations or not? Unsure...

Hallucinations or not? Unsure...

Postby Lala » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:02 am

I don't know what this is,or if it's something I should worry about but I have hallucinations[I think], I've seen men sitting on the curb looking at me, then I look again and hes gone, I've seen people hanged from lockers,but that one semi blinking but there were no lockers near me. Anytime I see things they are blue.I also find myself having conversations with myself.

I don't know if this is just 'daydreaming' or whether it is actual hallucinations.

I'd appreciate it if someone could give an opinion? xx
Lala

Postby Chrissie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:10 pm

It's possible you are hyperalert because of anxiety or other reasons and that your imagination misinterprets things in your environment in this way. You seem to be aware that it is not real.

But if you are having these experiences regularly and feel distressed about them, it's well worth getting a check up with a mental health worker for reassurance to sort out what is happening for you. If you do have psychotic symptoms such as hallucinations these can have several different causes including medication, depression, or other illnesses and there are some good medications to help control the symptoms. :)
Chrissie

Return to Mental Disorders Forum