Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

How 2 get psychiatra 2 do mental evaluation to get diagnosy?

How 2 get psychiatra 2 do mental evaluation to get diagnosy?

Postby Ornelia » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:14 am

Hi. I am rather angry. I go to a psychiatra asking for an evaluation and once i get to see this person all that he bothers is ask me what is disturbing me the most at the moment. OK i do care of what disturb me the most but there is more to it than 'the most'.......!

I want to get down to be tested, evaluated to see what is disturbing or the real reason leading to what is affecting, disturbing me on daily basis...

I dont want to live on psy meds to anehilate my personality or to be kept quiet so i wont disturb people, family, society..... want a life too or am I to be denied the right to have a life coz i am mentally ill? I want a prognosy is it asking too much? :cry:

Cant do therapy if I have no clue whatsoever of what i suffer no?

Help me! HOW To get a diagnosy????? :oops: :?: :idea: :cry:
Ornelia

Postby Susan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Go to a teaching hospital. I travel several hours to get to the Medical University in my state where my doc is. I gave up on private practice docs a long time ago. Go to where the cutting edge stuff is being done and the guys are straight shooters. I have saved money in the long run...more than I can count, and am getting the treatment that I deserve. I am not overmedicated, undermedicated, get stuff that has just been approved by the FDA and am now on the road to survival. I have medication resistent, major, recurrent depression with rapid cycling. Just got the VNS implant a few months ago and was there last week for several sessions of TMS (in FDA approval process now).
Susan

Postby Ornelia » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:14 pm

[quote="Susan"]Go to a teaching hospital. I travel several hours to get to the Medical University in my state where my doc is. I gave up on private practice docs a long time ago. Go to where the cutting edge stuff is being done and the guys are straight shooters. I have saved money in the long run...more than I can count, and am getting the treatment that I deserve. I am not overmedicated, undermedicated, get stuff that has just been approved by the FDA and am now on the road to survival. I have medication resistent, major, recurrent depression with rapid cycling. Just got the VNS implant a few months ago and was there last week for several sessions of TMS (in FDA approval process now).[/quote]

That would be a great idea if that was a possibility but living in a remote area and university or the like is inexistant here.

How hard it is to know you need help and not getting what is needed to survive though it all.

Hope they will help you heal or at least make your life easier and better.

Thanks again for your post. i do value your answer (might help someone else having this opportunity at hand).

virtual hug to thank you
Ornelia

Return to Mental Disorders Forum