Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Help me i got aspbugers

Help me i got aspbugers

Postby mormon general » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:12 pm

I have aspbugers syndrom. If anybody else has it please reply because i have trouble recognizing faical expressions and emotions. So anybody got tips?
mormon general

Postby okamixxx » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:44 pm

hello I to have aspbugers so I also have problems with interacting with others
what I did was watch how other people where engaged in social behaviors. and studied what they did in certain while talking to each other. i simply mimic what they do and practice then change it a bet to go with the topic or what ever. you still might not know what people are thinking or emotions but study and learn there reactions in situtions

ps sorry for the miss spelling im used to the computer correcting alot of it
okamixxx

Postby stevyMX » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:50 am

hey i have mixed receptive expressive language disorder and i have some of the same things as aspburgers, i also have trouble recognizing faical expressions and emotions. ive been watching how other people act in social situations for a long time now and i can say it has helped
stevyMX

Postby Corvus » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 pm

I have aspergers syndrome.

However I have no trouble interacting with people. I understand facial expressions & emotions, and have little trouble recognising when I'm ranting off a bit. Little less empathic, meaning I can be belligerent & stubborn, but otherwise socially 'normal'.

Heck, one of my main interests is psychology. Can you help me understand what it is that you have trouble understanding? I want to contrast a bit, see if I can help you out.

Nonetheless, keep in mind it is IMPOSSIBLE to truly know what is in the mind of another, even for those who do not have aspergers. Everyone slips a bit.
Corvus

Postby Schizotypes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:27 am

My thought for you guys is to know the differences between Asperger's Syndrome and Schizotypal Personality Disorder. These two conditions share a lot of the same symptoms but are different. The conditions over lap. Asperger's syndrome comes under the Autistic spectrum and Schizotypal Personality Disorder comes ounder the Schizophrenial spectrum. Know the differences and don't let the "norms" railraod you into believing it is something else when it's not. Read up on the condition and get smart about it. Don't let people railroad you over your rights because they are scared of your condition. You be smarter than them. You know what's going on they don't.

I have Schizotypal Personality Disorder and it's an interest of mine to try to understand my situation and that of people with Asperger's because of the similarities. I'm an older person, I like to help people. Most people view me as "socially normal" too however, I do have moments where my condition comes and kicks me in the butt and I got to deal with it.
Schizotypes

Return to Mental Disorders Forum