Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Hallucinations

Hallucinations

Postby chris » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:16 pm

Hello. I have opened up tis forum because I have been suffering from Hallucinations and wanted to know if anyone else had and what had they seen. I am self-loathing. I have no hope of happyness and cannot be cured. My condition got worse last week when I Hallucinated while walking up the stairs.

I am 100% certain of what I saw. A yellow ball rolling from one room to another as I walked up the stairs. This is random and has no meaning. But it wasn't real and I saw it so it has to have some meaning. In case you are wondering, yes it was a yellow gym training ball. I don't own one. I have never been so sure of anything as I am of this. Have you ( honestly ) seen anything?
chris

Postby Arnold » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:14 pm

You are run down or have some kind of illness or have ingested something untoward.

The autonomic body through the mind "tells" us that such phenomena are recognisable but like you said, it is random and meaningless.

Such things will be very distressing naturally.

If it is the onset of a phase of migraines, epilepsy or one of its many variants, or some kind of visual condition (or almost any condition), it could have been preceeded by a period of depression hence your mood.

Be wide ranging in your explorations, I hope you are led to good remediation before long - or at the least, effective management.

I'm no expert just an enthusiastic amateur.
Arnold

Hallucinations

Postby Bruce G » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:35 pm

I don't know if my experience will help you or anyone else, but I suffer from both audio and visual hallucinations, voices, occasional paranoia and have been diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder. For many years I was in denial about the voices, which are persistent and often bizarre. All I can say, is it's a long road to recovery. But you have to believe in yourself and your God, Whomever or whatever that may be. I'm not here to preach, but a firm, basic and fundemental faith in the goodness of life has saved me from disaster, and after several suicide attempts over the years, I feel confident now going to the future, whatever that may bring. Whatever you do, if I may offer advice, is don't isolate yourself; do a job if you can, if that's possible at this point in your life. Seek for your own truth, and don't beware other's help and don't hesitate to give your own help to others. Ya gotta learn patience, and have a wide latitude for mistakes. Shrinks can help, and meds, too but you have to find it within yourself.
Bruce G

yes I too

Postby loozenit » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:20 am

I started hallucinating at age 20. It was infrequent and has progressed now to almost daily at the age of 33. I hear voices too. My hallucinations are very strange and range from spiders, blobs and such to cats, people and monsters. the voices are the worst. My memory is fading too. I get weird outer and inner body sentations and dream while fully awake too.

The problem is the doctors only half believe me cause I am too paranoid to go to the doctors office when in a psychosis. It also comes and goes hourly and daily which doesn't jive with their books. Like the person above said too, it can be health related aswell. I have many serrious health issues too.

well thats my story sorta. I hope u can find your way around this cause it is confusing and scarey. Makes it hard to pretend to be normal. :?
loozenit

Postby fishy12 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:36 pm

hi.

I had mild halluciantions when i was 21 after a break down .
Recently I had vitamins and hallucianted like hell .
They were scary and ifrghtend me and made me ill .
Dont av too many vits .
fishy12

Postby star » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:27 pm

i see and hear stuff too that is not there. i take respidail for it but it makes me really tired the next day. Alot of mine are scary too. they dont ever really go away, im probaly wrong but i think its the devil toying with me because i can see what others cant. i used to stare when i saw these things and now i just leave the room. it helps some times. even with meds i still think you have to learn how to keep your self from indulging,ya know try to block it out. that took me years though,works about half the time. good luck
star

Re: Hallucinations

Postby Kathyred » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:19 am

[quote="chris"]Hello. I have opened up tis forum because I have been suffering from Hallucinations and wanted to know if anyone else had and what had they seen. I am self-loathing. I have no hope of happyness and cannot be cured. My condition got worse last week when I Hallucinated while walking up the stairs.
[quote]
Hi I think you need to see your GP who will refer you to the appropriate services. Don't lose hope many people have experienced what you have.
You say you are depressed? Tell your GP. You've no need to feel like you do. There is good help out there.
Kathyred

Postby Lenore » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Ive known a lot of unusual people in my life, including satanists, Star,and I swear to you, no one I have ever known has ever sold their soul to the devil and no one has special powers.

Religion is most certainly abused and psychotic people tend to believe they are targeted by evil or that GOD speaks to them and tells them to do terrible things to babies.. funny about that.. babies and small children can't fight back..

If you removed the idea that you see demons, you would be left with the idea that your brain misfires.

It's not as FUN, but it is certainly more probable.

I am a vegetarian and my mother in law informed me that GOD spoke to her- and told her my household are commanded to eat meat.

I think.. really.. that if GOD was so upset about my being a vegetarian and raising my step - children as such- HE would have talked to me directly.

Of course, he can't.. because SHE has special powers to HEAR him, which I do not.

I am just waiting for the day GOD tells her she can FLY!

I will make her a lovely red cape for the event and provide refreshments for the neighbors for her Launch Party.
Lenore

true

Postby share » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Ive just turned 20 in october.. and started having really bad hallucinations, i want them to stop really badly..
last years i was going threw a whole lot and was in and out of doctors offices and they put me on many differet depression meds and meds for restless leg syndrome.. even then i was having short intention spand and hallusinations and it worsened my sleeping pattern even to this day.. its gotten so bad my parents tell me that they see me awake all threw the night watching TV but i dont even remember being awake.. and the other day i woke up while knowing my entire room was trashed and in need of a clean.. i woke up and looked at the floor and couldnt see ANYTHING except my floor.. and some strange reason i didnt think twice of it.. i just felt it was normal and fell back asleep...
now that i thought about it while im wide awake its pretty creepy to see and do things that way.. and sometimes i want to go to the doctor but i only fear themm now because all they can do is put me on more meds... so embrase it?

Return to Mental Disorders Forum