Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

need somebody to talk to.....

need somebody to talk to.....

Postby sadah1210 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:43 am

I have been living with multiple eating disorders for seven years . I have pretty much no self esteem, and hate myself. Although i have been "recovering" for three years , is becoming really difficult to fight after having my son. I don't have anybody that knows what its like to live with this , and nobody to talk to about it.. Please help.
sadah1210

Postby mentalducky » Fri May 30, 2008 9:06 am

I'm a binge eater, and I occasionally purge. I know all about the self-hatred. I don't know how much advise I can give, but I can be a shoulder to cry on if that helps at all.
mentalducky

if nothing changes, nothing changes

Postby birchmom » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:23 pm

I hear the pain in your post. I'm a recovered alcoholic, same thing as far as the shame and self esteem. Cant stop doing what you know is harmful to yourself and feel like a piece of ___. It took REALLY doing the 12 steps for me to have a psychic change and be TOTALLY FREE. TOTALLY HEALED!

Problem is - finding someone that REALLY understands the 12 steps.

Good luck-

Remember this... if nothing changes.... nothing changes.
birchmom

Postby spikegomez » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:22 am

Just keep in touch here say what you wanna say, just let us know what you wanna tell to us, we can be your friend...
spikegomez

Postby H4U2C » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:38 pm

You really should talk to your GP or any doctor that knows you, its very possible that you may benefit from meds ie. Antidepressants.
H4U2C

Postby Pup » Fri May 22, 2009 10:25 am

I have been suffering from both Anorexia and Bulimia since I was 11. I know the pain of eating disorders. If you'd like, we could chat on AIM/MSN/PM... take care.
Pup

Eating Disorder

Postby Btsukas4 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:28 pm

I have been bulimic since I was 19, it was not long after I had my second child when it all began. At the time I weighed 201 pounds and I was so disgusted with myself, I just could not handle how people looked at me and laughed. The turning point was (I believe) when some guys mooed at me. To this day (I am now 41 years old), I have my bouts of binges and purges, I have tried different anti depressents but they all had sexual side effect, so I eventually quit even taking anything for it. Some days I am fine with how I feel about myself but at other times, I will basically eat and then feel as if I have to punish myself because "I AM SO FAT". My current weight ranges between 128 - 130 pounds and yet I cannot stop feeling that I am so fat & ugly. What can I do?
Btsukas4

Postby Sephora » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:41 am

Hy to you all, I'm Sephora and I saw youre probleme posted here... I don't have any of this simptomes or.... any probleme of this kin I just experimented a depression seven months ago and I just what to support or talk with you gays...about anything, just be here for you...
Sephora

Re: need somebody to talk to.....

Postby miracle » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:24 pm

[quote="sadah1210"]I have been living with multiple eating disorders for seven years . I have pretty much no self esteem, and hate myself. Although i have been "recovering" for three years , is becoming really difficult to fight after having my son. I don't have anybody that knows what its like to live with this , and nobody to talk to about it.. Please help.[/quote]I have a history of Anorexia, laxative abuse, and bulemia. I still don't like the way I look. and everytime I look in the mirror I feel huge! You are not alone. We can get through this...
miracle

Postby michael1234 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:51 am

Did u consult with your dietitian ...?? And also, o have seen many people turning not thin but much less by just having control over there food... The size is not the factor actually, but it may affect your heart too...
michael1234

Return to Mental Disorders Forum