Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

lamictal for depression

lamictal for depression

Postby diane » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:07 pm

Would be interested in effectiveness of lamictal for depression. I have taken 300 mg for over a year and have found this to be miraculous, so much better than any SSRI and without the sexual side effects. Please comment if you have taken this.
diane

My son is on lamictal

Postby dewriter » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:21 pm

Hi, My son is Schizo-affective with bipolar features and has been stabilized since adding lamictal and abilify into his "mix." He also takes an antipsychotic, a mood stabilizer, and antidepressant.
dewriter

lamictal

Postby Jacy6474 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:32 pm

I take lamictal for depression. I had tried many other ADs but they didn't work well. I also have a seizure disorder so I am killing 2 birds with one stone. Lamictal seems to work much better that many of the others. My daughter was also put on Lamictal as a mood stabilizer and it has changed her whole attitude. It has been amazing for her. :D
Jacy6474

Postby jess888 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:05 pm

So does Lamictal flatten you out? Or do you just feel normal?
jess888

Postby Susan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:07 pm

I've been taking Lamictal for years in combination with Tegretol to assist the MAOI patch that I am now on. Lamictal and Tegretol are great...wouldn't do without them. I think of them as the pedals on a car...the Lamictal acts as a "gas", to pick me up when I go down and a "break" to slow me down when I go up. Tegretol acts as a "gas".
Susan

Lamictal for depression only

Postby Lorraine » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:05 am

Hi all,

(posted this a few days ago but it didn't show up - don't know why)

Anyway, I was just put on Lamictal for depression only. No history whatsoever of bi-polar or convulsions. previously on Effexor, which produced side effects and horrendous withdrawal, also wellbutrin, which gave me hallucinations.

Wondering if anyone here is taking Lamictal ONLY for depression, and if so, how are you doing?

Thanks and good health to all of you.
Lorraine

Re: Lamictal for depression only

Postby bv72000 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:31 pm

Lorraine: I have been on Lamictal for about 4 months along with fluoxetine for depression. I've been on fluoxetine for a few years and it was not as effective as it once was. The Lamictal gave me quite a head trip on a dose of 400 mg/da. I have memory loss, body twitches, mental dullness, can't determine what words to use next in speech, dizziness, clumsiness, balance impairment, problems with logic, math and I can't work. These are not all but more than enough. The Dr. reduced dosage to 150 mg/da. and I am better but still am dealing with several of the above symptoms. I HATE these side effects but have depression that is not responding to other meds. The Lamictal has helped but the mental issues are way too high. Is anything as effective as Lamictal without the side effects?

Barbara :( :?
bv72000

Return to Mental Disorders Forum