Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Paranoid?

Paranoid?

Postby Alice-Tamago » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:08 am

Okay so I'm one of those people who are really paranoid. Not just a bit, ALOT. Like I have a fear of people breaking into my house, sometimes I won't even sleep, sometimes I'll even walk around the house at night/morning for hours, checking the doors constantly etc. I also have this stupid paranoid feeling that people can read my mind. Yes, I know its retarded but I can't help it, I'll like try real hard to make my mind blank. I believe that there are cameras everywhere, watching everything I do (when I think logically, I know its a stupid thing to think, but I still think it). Just lots of paranoid things like that. Also if like I feel a tiny bit sick, or I got hurt somehow, I'll just over think everything then jump to the worst conclusion, yes, I usually think I'll die from everything. I also get extremely paranoid that everybody hates me, and that my friends (kind of friends, only talk to them a bit) all talk about how they hate me, and they're just pretending to like me (which did happen at my previous school). I have mild obsessive compulsive disorder, and general anxiety disorder, and very possibly depression. So is this paranoid stuff caused by something I've already got, or have I got ANOTHER damn mental disorder?

-Thanks, really want to know.
Alice-Tamago

Symptoms of OCD?

Postby lullabyali » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:03 pm

The only person who can really help you figure it out is a psychologist.I don't think anyone else can you tell you what you have,but I'll give you my opinion.It seems like these symptoms are from OCD.From what I read about OCD,what you described in your post goes with the symptoms of this disorder.I'm no Psychologist or expert on this disorder so I can be wrong,just wanted to help.I just hope you figure out why you have those symptoms, and hopefully get rid of those paranoid thoughts,best of luck!
lullabyali

Return to Mental Disorders Forum