Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Could I get some help please

Could I get some help please

Postby kenworth » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:34 pm

My 2nd wife and I have devorced. She is throughly convinced that I cheat on her. She also thinks that I have everyone in town talking bad about her. This is far from the truth, I've never loved a person so much in all my life. We were married for 10 years but she always thought I was not faithful. If I went to a fast food resturant by myself she would say she knew that I was sleeping with the girls that work there. She also says that there is a man following her, shes even asked other people about him. They don't know what shes talking about, she thinks I put them up to this.
Can anyone give me some advice.
kenworth

Postby shari » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:15 pm

it sounds like she suffers from borderline personality disorder, with paranoid features. it is known as the hardest mental health issue for professionals to deal with. I am sorry for you. Best wishes.
shari

maybe help

Postby journey1 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi , If you're still reading this forum I agree paranoia seems to be strong with your exwife, but borderline? Don't know. If you're exwife won't go to couseling alone try couples therapy. Let her know you want to understand why her trust in you doesn't exist. Having borderline, while not the easiest way to live, is not quite as devestating as Shari said. Much research and awareness in the last decade or two has helped a lot. Meds. and lots of counseling and psychiatric care are required to retrain how we think. I've been dealing w/ BPD for at least two years now and don't see a way out, but everything I research says there is light at the end of the tunnel.
journey1

Return to Mental Disorders Forum