Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

masochism...

masochism...

Postby totaleuphoriaxx » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:35 pm

i was diagnosed with dependent personality three years ago, i also have mild psychosis, so i don't know if this problem has a connection to any of those. i find it hard to come to terms with this, but i think i might be masochistic. i am only aroused when i am subjected to physical pain, and when i am forced to absolutely submit. the person i am engaged to, however, is a very strict mormon, as i am supposed to be. i don't know what i am going to do about all of this...is there anyone that could possibly tell me if i am masochistic, and what i can do to treat it if that is the case?
totaleuphoriaxx

Postby tsihcosaM » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:19 pm

Euphoria- I recently discovered that I am a masochist. I've had fantasies that are "socially unacceptable" since I was about 12 or so, and recently found a partner who was into similar stuff. I grew up in the Christian church, and still haven't really come to terms with were my urges and beliefs meet up, but have realized that as a masochist I can't have a serious relationship with someone who didn't know what I'm into and accept me for it. (When you do find someone like that, it is INCREDIBLE.) It's not related to the factors you listed, dependent personality and mild psychosis. Personally, I don't think that any kind of therapy or treatment can alter what arouses people, so my advice would be to share the issue with her before you get married. Being able to be open with your spouse is a huge factor in the success of a marriage, and, from my experience, when you are it is much more fulfilling than if you feel like you have to hide a part of yourself. By no means is it an easy thing to share with someone, but it is worth it. Best of luck bro.

one of Mikal's
tsihcosaM

Postby eraney_7 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:21 pm

tsihcosaM, i am curious about how you have been able to accept this along with your christianity. i have not been able to reconcile the two concepts. i am a pastors son and have grown up in the church, and as far as i can tell (i have researched it some, but there isn't much info on it) the two are completely dichotomous. thanks..
eraney_7

im a 13 year old masochist

Postby youngmasochist » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:35 pm

hi, im 13 and for the past two years i have been having, as you said, "socially unacceptable fantasies".not even my parents know im a masochist.i really like being tied up. i don't know what to do. would it be wrong of me to ask someone to tie me up if i sneak out in the night and then let me go and i would sneak back into my room?

[quote="tsihcosaM"]Euphoria- I recently discovered that I am a masochist. I've had fantasies that are "socially unacceptable" since I was about 12 or so, and recently found a partner who was into similar stuff. I grew up in the Christian church, and still haven't really come to terms with were my urges and beliefs meet up, but have realized that as a masochist I can't have a serious relationship with someone who didn't know what I'm into and accept me for it. (When you do find someone like that, it is INCREDIBLE.) It's not related to the factors you listed, dependent personality and mild psychosis. Personally, I don't think that any kind of therapy or treatment can alter what arouses people, so my advice would be to share the issue with her before you get married. Being able to be open with your spouse is a huge factor in the success of a marriage, and, from my experience, when you are it is much more fulfilling than if you feel like you have to hide a part of yourself. By no means is it an easy thing to share with someone, but it is worth it. Best of luck bro.

one of Mikal's[/quote]
youngmasochist

Postby mariaqueen » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:53 am

[quote="tsihcosaM"]Euphoria- I recently discovered that I am a masochist. I've had fantasies that are "socially unacceptable" since I was about 12 or so, and recently found a partner who was into similar stuff. I grew up in the Christian church, and still haven't really come to terms with were my urges and beliefs meet up, but have realized that as a masochist I can't have a serious relationship with someone who didn't know what I'm into and accept me for it. (When you do find someone like that, it is INCREDIBLE.) It's not related to the factors you listed, dependent personality and mild psychosis. Personally, I don't think that any kind of therapy or treatment can alter what arouses people, so my advice would be to share the issue with her before you get married. Being able to be open with your spouse is a huge factor in the success of a marriage, and, from my experience, when you are it is much more fulfilling than if you feel like you have to hide a part of yourself. By no means is it an easy thing to share with someone, but it is worth it. Best of luck bro.

one of Mikal's[/quote]

Euphoria: Has this issue to share before marriage has created you problems? Not many woman will feel easy with this. What has been your experience with sharing- while try to persue a relationshp first?

MariaQueen
mariaqueen

Postby mariaqueen » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:02 am

one of Mikal's[/quote]

tsihcosam: This must still be very hard in open this issue out prior to a relationship. Have you encountered and problems with disclosing prior to married or in a relationship? How does most girls react with you once they know the facts? Are there some girls that are also Christians that will accept this and and accept you and your desires? Explain?
mariaqueen

masochist

Postby mariaqueen » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:40 am

Please advise if girls that are Christians, have accepted your desire?

Have you encountered problems- by disclosing prior to relationship?

How do most girls feel about your desires? If you find one- do you withdraw from her ?

What would keep you from persuing a relationship, with a girl that has accepted your desires, prior to marriage?

Do you feel OK- with your desires? Are you Ok with
Christianity and this issue? Have you tried to repress these feelings?
Or are you open to girls about it?

Can you share your experiences?

Mariaq
mariaqueen

Return to Mental Disorders Forum