Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Do I have a mental disorder?

Do I have a mental disorder?

Postby saboneal » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:13 pm

At night, I started feeling really strange. It was kind of like the way you feel when you're nervous. I felt a little bit nauseous, paranoid for no reason, a little bit of shaking, it felt like my heart was pounding fast when I don't think it was, it was harder for me to breathe and think straight. When I sat down I would feel a little bit of motion sickness, and I felt some kind of weird obsession with the idea of things being unbearable.

I called a mental health hotline and they advised me to see a doctor within the next 24 hours. I'm very scared and don't know what is wrong with me or how to stop it.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
saboneal

Postby keef » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:38 pm

anxiety attack. My son (24) had 1 episode as you describe whilst under pressure in his job. Normal I think.
keef

Postby Tiel08 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:34 pm

It may back anxiety attack, but it may be also a thing called MITAL VALVE prolapse. A not that serious heart condition. It is also possible that this was caused by diet (maybe an imbalance of way too much sodium of calcium and not enough potassium and magnesium). Either way, you should really go to a doctor.
Tiel08

Postby Alice-Tamago » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:19 am

Anxiety (: . I'm blessed *COUGH* with general anxiety disorder. It's just a panic attack. And your way of thinking is probably related to that. Could just be a one off thing, or you could have an anxiety disorder. I don't take meds for mine, usually if I get a panic attack, the last thing I want to do is be alone, so I talk to my boyfriend, and my bestfriend who are the only others that know of it, feels better when someone knows. Just talk to peoples. Watching movies/shows sometimes helps, something funny, anything really to distract you from thinking about it.
Alice-Tamago

Postby H4U2C » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Sounds like a panic attack with anxiety mixed, would be vital to see GP and see how things go from there,
H4U2C

Return to Mental Disorders Forum