Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Schizoid Personality Disorder

Schizoid Personality Disorder

Postby AShurt666 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:59 am

Does anyone using this site have experience with someone you suspect as being a schizoid personality?
AShurt666

Postby cobeach » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:40 pm

I have a friend who is not profesionally diagnosed, but I see the DSM criteria clearly in him.

If you are married to this type of personality, this is extremely difficult.

write back if you can,

cobeach
cobeach

Postby Arnold » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:23 pm

If their development was less typical - even only slightly - or if they have auto immune conditions - again only slightly - they have an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) not a Personality Disorder at all.

I am not an expert but an enthusiastic amateur.

There are some very hope giving books out about marriage to a person with an ASC, most of them are published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers but one or two from other publishers too

If you deal with this person logically and don't jump any guns, and respect the kind of time and space he needs for sensory processing, all will be fine, unless the strain (and perhaps enmity of others) has got to him and turned him nasty, and even then only if he isn't interested in "ownership" of it and exploring his own remedial journey.
Arnold

Postby darkstar » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:37 am

I am pretty convinced that my ex husband had this. He certainly filled the criteria, but also had brief psychotic episodes which he ended up pulling me into. Being married to someone like that is very hard. He would not admit that there was any problem.

What do you want to know?
darkstar

Postby ally123 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:34 pm

my husband is - he is seeing a psychiatrist now. Very difficult as the spouse to deal with his isolating behaviors, self-absorbed mindset and lack of attachment or interaction with me or the kids
ally123

Return to Mental Disorders Forum