Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

DID Issues

DID Issues

Postby Wade » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:40 am

Hi, my name is Wade. I have DID and PTSD. I have been going through a lot of switching lately and it is scarying me. I have found a Therapist but I don't know how much he knows about DID. I can't afford to go far to find another Therapist. My current Therapist is a 45 minute drive for me.

My latest switching that I had was Saturday morning. My Mother-in-Law said that I was sitting at the head of my bed with one of my crutches in my hands (I recently had knee surgery). I threatened her to not bother me and I took a swing at her. She talked me out of Alter named "No-Name". When Wade (host) came back, I felt ashamed and sad. "No-Name" thinks that the KGB is after him and he thought that my Mother-in-Law was the KGB. This is the only thing that I can figure.

Do any of you have voices in your head that wont stop?
Wade

Postby Blaze » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Wade,
I too suffer from DID, it is manageable. The voices you hear are your alters speaking at once. They all need to make an agreement to not harm the body or your mother or anyone else. I know this seems scarey, but they are all apart of you. You can tell them that no one has to go away or die, but they have to come to an agreement to do no harm. They also have to agree to not pop out so to speak at inapprpriate times. I wish you luck and don't worry, you can manage this with the help of your therapist. BTW does your therapist have expertise in this field? or are you his first? Find that out. feel free to post to me and I hope you are ok. :D
Blaze

Return to Mental Disorders Forum