Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Please help me...

Please help me...

Postby colebailey » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:30 am

I need someone to help me and tell me what is wrong with me. I am 32 and believe that I have suffered off and on from situational depression and anxiety. I was recently re-married (was married to an alcoholic for several years previously). I am now married to a great guy, but I am going to lose him if I don't get my anxiousness under control.

I pick at him about cleaning up, folding laundry, etc and when I get something in my head, I can't stop until I have completely infuriated him and he fights back. I just keep pushing and pushing until I get a reaction. And then obviously the reaction is upsetting because he is angry and hurt and then I get upset and tell him not to talk to me in that manner and I cry or lately we have come close to being physically abusive towards each other-pushing, hitting with pillow, breaking stuff, etc.

Please help-I don't know what is wrong with me! I think I have a lot of anxiety because I do think I suffer from a form of skin-picking-I bite my skin around my nails until it bleeds a lot, and my hands look disgusting.

I have awful self-esteem and feel unlovable and I am so afraid of repeating the same situation that I was in before with my ex-alcoholic husband.
colebailey

hi

Postby DD » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi I am 33 and go through similar experiences. I've actually always had problems with depression just never got help for it. In the last several years I lost my mother, had two beautiful children, and then lost my brother. Losing my brother right after having my daughter I think pushed me over the edge. I started exploding for the 1st time in my life. Usually I could hide my depression but not when it comes out in rage. After some time I finally couldn't stand myself anymore. I went to my family doctor and just broke down.
The help you need may deal with having to take medication to get it under control or some kind of therapy. I know therapy for me is not an option due to it being so expensive and health insur. does not cover it. I don't mind taking the meds for anxiety attacks but I must say the others have some side effects that I can not deal with. I have just recently decided to stop taking them and try to deal without them. Now I'm finding that i'm not exploding anymore just crying a lot. I also feel like I can't focus and the skin-picking is back.
I'm not sure that this is going to help you but know that you are not the only one out there with these problems. You are definitely not alone. If you ever need to vent or just talk...I'll listen.
DD

Return to Mental Disorders Forum