Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Two sides

Two sides

Postby lookingfor » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:23 am

I have this thing going on where I don't feel like I have a soul, in fact I am pretty sure I don't. I can live in theory and seem very nice and intelligent, but underneath there is void. So when I get in real situations, there is nothing to guide me. This seems like depression, but it has been going on all my life so I scrabble around to get through things, muddling things up as I have little hold on reality. Seems all a bit hopeless really, because even the simplest things are difficult, but no-one can see that.
lookingfor

Postby Lenore » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Im beginning to believe we are all just sims in a stupid game to entertain some snot nose kid.

About a soul.. basically you need to find your moral compass. If you dont have one, make one up.

I believe that we are all of equal souls- that includes all (sentient) life. With that as my moral compass I became a vegetarian and base my belief system accordingly.

I want to be a good person, so I try to do good works. I think honesty is les confusing in my life and so I try to be as honest as I can be. I like to be around people, so I make myself kind and gentle.

I also like to have fun and so I developed a sense of humor.

Above everything else-- that's the thing I treasure the most. It gets me through most hard times and I can rely on it more than anything else I have in my mental gym bag.

Hope this helps you. Get some sleep and stay positive. In the end, it's how you lived and how you loved that counts. Least that's what I think.
Lenore

Return to Mental Disorders Forum