Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders  
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders

Psychosis, Please help me understand

Psychosis, Please help me understand

Postby videodrone227 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:19 pm

I was recently attacked by my stepson with a filet knife. The attack was brutal , with a large neck laceration , a punctured lung, a broken rib, and 8 stab wounds. It has been 7 weeks since the incident and I am trying to understand how this happened. He just came into my home office , asked me for a pen and when I turned to get him one he began stabbing me. I thought he was hitting me until I began to choke on my own blood. I knew if I did'nt get outside and away from him he would kill me. I was screaming " Somebody Help me" And he was covering my mouth. I got away from him and to a neighbor who saved my life. Can anyone help me with this? I just don't understand.
videodrone227

Postby Lenore » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:44 pm

He's a psychopath. Nothing to explain. He calmly had you turn your back to "get the pen" so he could get to the easiest place to kill you without you seeing it coming and hopefully finishing you off before you could defend yourself.

Nice job.

There were plenty of warning signs, Im sure. Was his parent in denial?

I am very interested in reading what led up to this, and what's happened to the little darling since he attempted to murder you.

How is your spouse handling this?

And how are you handling this plus your relationship?
Lenore

Attack

Postby videodrone227 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:57 pm

It has been months since this happened........ I am trying to put it away.
Seems like a dream now. Yes his Father was in denial. Before this happened he would destroy things that belonged to me. Tried everything he could to make me leave. It did'nt work and I stayed calm. when he first came to live with us We told him. You have to go to school, or get a job. He did neither. We started to realize he had bigger problems. And told him if he would see a counselor he would'nt have to get a job for a few months. But that he had to do something. He lied his way out of everything. I finally confronted him. I told him no one here is out to get you. we want you to be happy and get your own life. We will do whatever that takes. But you will not stay up all night watching rap videos and sleep all day while we work. His Mother had thrown him out which is why he came to live with us.. I was on the phone talking about a friend of mine when he began to shout "stop talking about me on the phone" I flew into the other room and said "Not everything is about you". 6 months later he tried to kill me.We went through the court which wanted to give him 99 years. The prosecutor began to lie to get his way. I was furious. I wanted him to get help. Atleast give him one chance to get his life together. If that does'nt work then by all means throw away the key. But everyone deserves that one chance. If he is that screwed up he will never get out of the system.He won't be able to do what they want him to. They gave him 7 years. He will probally do half. For now I sleep well at night (Most nights) I know it will be atlest 3 yrs before I have to think about this.
videodrone227

Postby mor9lives » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:41 pm

I believe he took his anger out on you when he was really angry at his mom and dad for divorcing. That is what I think is the underlying issue. He probably does not get along with his biological mother because he believes she was the cause of the divorce. I am betting this is the underlying issue.

He plays rap music all day to get out of touch with reality. He sleeps all day for the same reason. He cannot accept the fact that his mom and dad aren't together anymore. He needs to be forced to be without his music and other distractions so that he can let reality sink in. However, he will go absolutely nuts at first but in the end it will be best for him. He needs to be in touch with reality and learn to accept what has happened with his mom and his dad.

He should be sent to a sychologist and even if he just sits there and says nothing for an hour he may eventually start to confide after a while. He needs lots of time and understanding.
mor9lives

Postby videodrone227 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Well he is definitely getting a high dose of reality. He will be serving 7 years for trying to kill me. They wanted to give him 40+. I had to get thrown out of the courtroom to save his life. I believe he deserves a second chance at life. I took him to 6 psychothreapists' who told us "He was just depressed. What we found out after I wrote this letter is that after the filet knife he attacked me with broke in half saving my life , he got another one from the drawer and intended to finish me off outside. I really think reality and lack of is just one of many problems this kid has. And you probally hit the nail on the head as far as the parents situation. But yes he hated me. He did evrything he could to break up his Father and I and when that did'nt work like it had in the past. He decided in his screwed up little mind to kill me.
videodrone227

Postby mor9lives » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Yes, his intention to kill you was one of his last desperate steps to get his family back the way it was.

HOwever, he does not realize that even if he did kill you it would not put his mother and father back together.

He doesn't like his life and his sense of security has been threatened. He needs to be able to find a sense of security once again.
mor9lives

Postby videodrone227 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:45 pm

You are absolutely right. Wow , Someone who gets it! Finally. He has been that way no matter how I have tried to help he has always treated me like shite! But I am older than him so I just let it go. Thank you for helping. I still don't get it. But am trying to.
videodrone227

Return to Mental Disorders Forum